DENISON LANDSCAPING, INC.
Denison Landscaping is a family owned business in operation for more than 47 years. We have an immediate opening for the “Landscape Laborer” position, offered in several states: Pennsylvania, Fredericksburg Virginia and West Virginia.
Job Summary: Landscape Drivers operate company vehicles to safely transport machinery, equipment, material, and laborers to and from job locations. Safe transportation includes daily pre and post trip inspections of vehicle, trailer, and equipment for adherence to safety regulations. Drivers also perform daily landscape operations.
Transport equipment, materials, and laborers to and from job sites in a timely, safe, and courteous manner.
· Keep current on necessary documents for driver (i.e. driver license and medical card) and assigned vehicle.
· Assist with daily loading and unloading of work trucks.
· Complete Pre-trip (AM) and Post-trip (PM) Vehicle Inspection Reports of vehicle, trailers, and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and malfunctions. Promptly report any issues to management and shop personnel.
· Ensure all daily/weekly routine maintenance is performed on equipment used at job sites.
· Accountable for all checked out tools, equipment, and vehicle & trailer condition.
· Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills (as demonstrated through Company Road Test / training) in safe operation of vehicle at varying speeds, heavy traffic situations, and inclement weather conditions.
· Effectively communicate with Foreman, Project Managers, customers, and other individuals as required to ensure safe operation of vehicles and equipment and other pertinent information.
· Use Garmin & map systems to follow directions to job site locations.
· Promptly report all accidents involving Company vehicles or equipment.
· Safely operate a variety of landscape equipment to include, but not limited to: mowers, tractors, skid loaders, trimmers, blowers, chainsaws, chopsaws, compactors, augers, trenchers, and hand tools.
· Adhere to all safety requirements for vehicles and equipment, including Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
· Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of applicable driver and vehicle safety requirements obtained through Company training (i.e. Complete DOT check point inspection without obtaining any tickets / violations).
· Perform landscape labor services, including but not limited to: plant/tree installation; site grading; patio/wall installation; mowing/weeding/pruning; sod preparation & installation; irrigation installation; fence installation; miscellaneous repairs.
· Report all tickets received.
· Wear required PPE (personal protective equipment).
· Keep job sites clean, organized, and safe.
· Use all equipment and tools for landscape installation according to company safety guideline.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by Foremen, Project Manager, or Department Head.
· Follow all Company policies and procedures.
· Wear clean uniform with work boots for each scheduled shift
Skills and Educational Requirements:
· Must hold a valid Driver’s License (U.S. only)
· Must hold a valid medical card
· Pass Road Test (conducted by Company)
· Must have a driving record in good standing. Driver must present a current DMV driving report with no major violations and less than 3 points.
· Must be a hard worker, with a strong work ethic and must be a team player.
· Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving.
· Landscaping experience or knowledge preferred.
Drivers are required to work varying hours each day. All drivers must be available for long hours to include overtime and weekends as determined by scheduling needs. During the winter drivers must be available 24 hours a day for snow removal. Drivers are regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions while performing the duties of this job.
Drivers are regularly required to: Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body; Be able to reach overhead; Be able to work in various positions, including but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time; Be able to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks; Be able to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.
- Monday – Friday (6:30 AM – depends on completion of job)
- Saturdays are only required by work load or per the request of Upper Management.
- Weekly pay (Fridays)
- Health Insurance (Medical, Vision & dental insurance)
- Paid Time Off accrual
- 401 K
- Holiday Pay
DENISON LANDSCAPING IS AN AT WILL EMPLOYER & AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: On the road