Denison Landscaping, Inc. is a family owned business in operation for 45 years with locations in Maryland, Delaware and Pennsylvania. We are currently ranked 23rd of the largest landscaping companies across the Country.
We currently have an opening and an “Integrated Pest Management Director” at our growing farm in Waldorf, Md. The qualified applicant must have prior experience in this field to include experience with tractor operation and sprayers to qualify for this opening.
The Duties are listed but may not be limited to:.
- Create and Implement a diverse IPM plan for Abby-Farms & DelawareIncluding both field grown and container grown material
- Set Pest and Disease tolerance thresholds
- Manage the IPM team and set their daily schedule
- Establish Pest/Disease Calendar with expected emergent datesFor farm staff to begin scouting areas of responsibility
- Establish flash cards for the foremen to keep with them to assist in identifyingPotential pests and diseases and notify their manager of the problem
- Maintain the chemical room and all logs associated with chemical storage & application
- Sourcing and Purchase of Materials according to company policy/procedure necessary to carry out the IPM program
- Scout all farms for pest/disease issues and seek guidance from industry professionals as needed
- Seeding of vegetation in the farm fields to maintain dense cover to keep weed pressure down
- Manage weed control in the fields & container areas using both pre-emergent in containers (only except in DE where pre-emergent will be used in the field.
- Application of slow release fertilizer to farm fields as well as any other nutritional treatments required of trees in the field.
- Seek new innovations or techniques in the field of IPM to include continuing education
Denison offers excellent benefits, paid holidays, weekly pay, company vehicle and a company cell phone
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER