Denison Landscaping is a family-owned business in operation for more than 47 years. We have an immediate opening for the “Diesel Mechanic” position, currently offered in our shop located in Fort Washington, MD.
Job Summary: Plays an important role in the shop, assisting in inspection, diagnoses and repairs diesel powered vehicles, machines, lawn care equipment, trucks, forklifts and trailers.
Responsibilities: Duties to include but not limited to:
- Performs preventive maintenance & repairs.
- Remove and replace engine, transmission, and different assemblies.
- Assist in road calls and emergency services as needed.
- Maintain a clean & safe work environment in compliance with OSHA standards.
- Ensure work orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Drive shop vehicle to various company owned shops.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis & repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Coordinates with Parts Manager to ensure the proper parts and supplies are in stock when needed.
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- 2 plus years of experience within the field
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Problem solving & attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license (CDL a plus, but not required)
- reliable transportation
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- DOT card is a plus but not required.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Work time split between indoors/shop & outdoors/field.
- Exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, chemical fumes, noise.
- Stand, bend for long periods of times.
- Able to lift & carry up to 60lbs.
- Monday – Friday (6:30 AM – depends on completion of job)
- Saturdays are only required by work load or per the request of Upper Management.
- Weekly pay (Fridays)
- Health Insurance (Medical, Vision & dental insurance)
- Paid Time Off accrual
- 401 K
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Referral program
DENISON LANDSCAPING IS AN AT WILL EMPLOYER & AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER